- To participate in OHPA’s Cycle 2024 committee letter process, students should register for the Cycle 2024 Applicant Blackboard Course. This course is not for credit. It will be each applicant’s portal to all information related to receiving a committee interview and letter from our office. Register at: https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bBE0sv5TIn2YoB0.
- The College of Arts & Sciences is seeking Peer Advisors. A&S Peer Advisors assist A&S Student Services Center with 2023 Bama Bound Orientation (College Visits 1 & 2) and other advising efforts in A&S throughout the school year. This opportunity is for current A&S students and requires being in Tuscaloosa for most of Summer 2023. To apply, visit https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cMhsd74E7P7iVcG .
- Summer Health Professions Education Program application is now open for summer 2023. Available to students of freshman and sophomore standing. For more information, visit https://www.shpep.org/about-the-program/programoverview/.
- Volunteers Needed! Tuscaloosa City and County Schools are in need of volunteers to read to students with the Reading Allies program. Volunteer application available at https://readingallies.org/register.
- Gap Year Opportunity! Hands of Hope is Casa de Esperanza’s service year program which recruits recent college graduates and other highly qualified adults, from throughout the United States to work with and help abused, neglected and HIV positive children through work with their agency. For more information, visit https://www.casahope.org/hands-of-hope-service-year-1.
- MedServe, a 2-year service-learning fellowship for recent graduates interested in health careers, especially pre-med and pre-PA students, is accepting applications. Visit their website for more information.
- Visit AAMC to register for the MCAT exam. THE MCAT exam cost is $330. For more information, visit https://students-residents.aamc.org/taking-mcat-exam/taking-mcat-exam.
- Your 2023 MCAT Tips for Registration is available at https://students-residents.aamc.org/register-mcat-exam/tips-registration-opening-day-2023.
- AAMC Fee Assistance Program provides discounted fees, free MCAT prep materials, access to the MSAR database and much more. To apply for the Fee Assistance Program, visit