- Incoming/Freshman students Pizza Party – located in Ridgecrest South on Sunday, August 20, 2023, at 5 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Welcome Back Symposium (everyone invited) – Smith Hall – Grand Gallery (2nd Floor) on Friday, August 25, 2023, from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Guest Speaker Dr. Carrie Cwiak, Emory University (everyone invited) – September 15th, 3 – 5 p.m. in Lloyd 329.
Dr. Carrie A. Cwiak, MD, MPH completed her medical degree at Saint Louis University and residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Connecticut. She completed her Fellowship in Family Planning and Masters in Public Health in Epidemiology at Emory. She has been providing patient care for the Grady Health System since 2001. She specializes in contraceptive and reproductive health care, especially for high-risk patients, and has completed studies and published in this area. She teaches health care providers, fellows, residents, and students. She currently sees patients in the Family Planning Clinic. Learn more about Dr. Cwiak at Rollins School of Public Health | Faculty (emory.edu) or Dr. Carrie A. Cwiak, MD, MPH | Atlanta, GA | Grady Health.
- 2023 Family Weekend (everyone invited) – September 22nd – 24th, location & time TBA. Last year on Woods Quad. Volunteers need to distribute McCollough materials to families under A&S tent.
- Guest Speaker Elisa Reverman, Ph.D., Georgetown University (everyone invited) – October 6th, 3 – 5 p.m. in Lloyd 306.
Elisa is a PhD Candidate in the Philosophy department at Georgetown University. Her primary academic interests are in bioethics, research ethics, social epistemology, and the epistemology of testimony. Her dissertation is under the supervision of John Greco, and is focused on testimony in the clinical context and medical gaslighting. Elisa holds a B.S. in biology, with minors in chemistry and philosophy, from the University of Portland and an M.A. in philosophy from Georgetown University. Learn more about Dr. Reverman at Elisa Charlene Reverman (elisareverman.com).
- Guest Speaker Dr. Joel Reynolds, Georgetown University (everyone invited) – October 19th, 3 – 5 p.m. in Lloyd 16.
Joel Michael Reynolds is an Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Disability Studies at Georgetown University, Senior Research Scholar in the Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Senior Bioethics Advisor to and Fellow of The Hastings Center, and Faculty Scholar of The Greenwall Foundation. At Georgetown, they are also core faculty in the Disability Studies Program, affiliated faculty in the Medical Humanities Initiative, and a faculty fellow of Ethics Lab. They are the founder of The Journal of Philosophy of Disability and co-founder of Oxford Studies in Disability, Ethics, and Society from Oxford University Press. Learn more about Dr. Reynolds at Joel Reynolds | Faculty | Georgetown SCS.
- Homecoming Weekend (everyone invited) – October 20 – 22, 2023. Freshman or incoming students help Honor’s College with float. Volunteers needed for Homecoming Table with A&S on Quad.
- Guest Speaker Professor Branden Fitelson, Northeastern University (everyone invited) – November 3rd, 3 – 5 p.m. in Lloyd 335.
Branden Fitelson is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Northeastern University. Before teaching at Northeastern, Branden held teaching positions at Rutgers, UC-Berkeley, San José State, and Stanford and visiting positions at the Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy at LMU-Munich (MCMP @ LMU) and the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation at the University of Amsterdam (ILLC @ UvA). Branden got his MA & PhD in philosophy from UW-Madison. Before entering philosophy, Branden studied math & physics at Wisconsin, and he worked as a research scientist at Argonne National Laboratory and a NASA contractor.
Learn more about Professor Fitelson at Branden Fitelson – About Me.
Upcoming Events (Fall 2023)
|Pizza Party (Incoming/Freshman Students Only)||Ridgecrest South|
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|Welcome Back Symposium||Smith Hall – Grand Gallery (2nd Floor)|
3 – 5 p.m.
|Guest Speaker – Dr. Carrie Cwiak, Emory University||LY Hall 329|
|September 22 – 24||Family Weekend 2023||Woods Quad|
3 – 5 p.m.
|Guest Speaker – Elisa Reverman, Ph.D. of Georgetown University||Lloyd Hall – 306|
3 – 5 p.m.
|Guest Speaker – Dr. Joel Reynolds, Georgetown University||Lloyd Hall – 16|
|October 20 – 22||Homecoming Float||Homecoming Weekend – TBA|
3 – 5 p.m.
|Guest Speaker – Professor Branden Fitelson of Northeastern University||Lloyd Hall – 335|